Qualifications for Leaders
Every Royal Rangers leader plays a vital role in helping boys develop into Christlike manhood. It is, therefore, essential that all leaders display consistent Christlike character and practices in their daily lives. Royal Rangers leaders must consistently display the following attributes:
- Is a born-again Christian, well-grounded in the Word of God
- Is loyal to the church, supporting the lead pastor’s vision
- Possesses habits and ideals that are above reproach
- Has a heart for ministering to boys and enjoys working with them
- Has a consistent testimony in daily Christian living
- Is capable of leading and delegating authority
- Possesses good judgment
- Accepts and fulfills responsibility
- Commands the respect of other men
- Cooperates with the programs and ministries of the church, submitting to those in authority
- Is prepared to take Royal Rangers leadership training
- Is at least 21 years old to serve as an outpost coordinator or group leader (commander) or at least 18 years old to serve as an assistant leader
The National Royal Rangers Ministries strongly recommends that all church workers, particularly those working with minors, have criminal background check screenings. Additional specific leadership requirements for local groups are determined by the pastor and the church’s leadership team. Please contact your church leadership for requirements applicable to your church.
Please see also our Commitment to Biblical Standards of Sexual Morality for additional information on leadership qualifications in Royal Rangers.