The National Championships program provides boys and leaders the opportunity to compete and receive recognition in competitions involving other rangers all across the country. Any Royal Rangers leader or boy may participate. Results are tabulated each year with the winners in each category being announced on this site. Each winner receives a special certificate and letter of congratulations from the national Royal Rangers office.
The purpose of the National Championships program is…
- To offer Royal Rangers the opportunity to compete and receive recognition in specialized events at a national level
- To encourage boys to discover and develop specialized skills or talents in a variety of areas
Postal competitions are conducted through the use of outpost, district or regional events held between January 1st and October 31st each year. Each event must utilize the specified guidelines to qualify. Results (scores) are mailed to a specified location using official reporting forms where they are compared to other results from throughout the nation. Scores are tabulated and awards are posted and sent to individuals as specified by the event guidelines.
Postal competitions currently include:
- Archery Information Packet
- Archery Scoring Form (Excel Spreadsheet)
- Archery Equipment Order Form
- BB Gun - 5 Meter
- Air Rifle - 3-Position, 10-Meter
- Small-Bore Light Rifle
- Trap Shooting
- Black Powder Rifle
Some National Championships may be conducted at National Camporama or National Rendezvous. Details concerning any of these events are included in the camporama or rendezvous promotional materials. These events may include…
- Ranger Derby Championship
- Selected Shooting Events
Championship results are posted here as the become available. Results in some years may be incolplete due to limited data avaible.
- 2016 National Championship Results-Archery
- 2016 National Championship Results-Postal Shooting
- 2015 National Championship Results-Archery
- 2015 National Championship Results-Postal Shooting
- 2014 National Championship Results-Archery
- 2014 National Championship Results-Postal Shooting
- 2013 National Championship Results-Archery
- 2013 National Championship Results-Postal Shooting
- 2012 National Championship Results-Archery
- 2012 National Championship Results-Postal Shooting
- 2011 National Championship Results
- 2010 National Championship Results
- 2009 National Championship Results
- 2008 National Championship Results
- 2007 National Championship Results
- 2006 National Championship Results
- 2005 National Championship Results
National Shooting Sports Program (NSSP)
The Royal Rangers National Shooting Sports Program (NSSP) provides men and boys with the opportunity to develop their shooting skills through a variety of shooting sports disciplines. The challenge of individual and team competition extends from the Outpost to National Championships. More information on the NSSP can be found on the NSSP web site at theNSSP.org.
In order to promote better communication and participation in youth shooting sport programs, the National Rifle Association (NRA) selects a representative from several major national youth programs to serve as ambassadors, representing thier organization to the NRA. An application for the role of NRA Ambassador can be found on the NSSP Ambassador page of the NSSP web site.