October 14, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to wreak havoc across our great nation. Our adult and junior awards for the 2019-2020 season have been affected as well. These awards also impact the World Class District. What are we going to do about it?
Once again, I’m glad you asked. The minimum points required for the following adult and junior awards for the time frame of September 01, 2019 – August 31, 2020 will be cut in half.
The awards included in this response are the following:
- National Executive Leadership Award (NELA)
- National Leadership Award (NLA)
- District Executive Leadership Award (DELA)
- District Leadership Award (DLA)
- Outpost Coordinator’s Award
- Outpost Leadership Award
- Outpost Service Award
- Junior Leader’s Service Award
Here is how it will work:
- The national office will not create new forms for the website. You will continue to use the current form. You are welcome to write in the point values for this year since they would be different.
- Each award application is broken into three or four sections with a minimum point value required in each of those sections. Each minimum point value will be cut in half. Where a minimum point value is an odd number the half value will be rounded down.
- For example, the new point values for the DLA:
- Leadership Responsibilities
12 6 points minimum
- Activities & Advancements
8 4 points minimum
10 5 points minimum
- Goal Setting
15 7 points minimums
45 22 points must be earned
Contact your district director for their preferred submission date for the local adult and junior leader award forms that indicate a submission deadline of September 30.
The national office is pleased to be able to offer this solution amidst the uncertainty of COVID-19 in 2020 for our adult and junior leaders working hard to complete their various award applications.
Mentoring Future Men together/remotely in 2020,
Camporama Director / National Training Coordinator
Royal Rangers USA