Every Royal Rangers leader plays a vital role in helping boys develop into Christlike manhood. It is, therefore, essential that all leaders display consistent Christlike character and practices in their daily lives and work in cooperation with the other ministries of the church to fulfill our collective mission of bringing the light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the world. Please see also Chapter 27 of the Royal Rangers Leader Manual.
Qualifications for Royal Rangers Leaders
- Leaders must be born-again Christians, well-grounded in the Word of God, displaying a consistent testimony in daily Christian living, possessing habits and ideals that are above reproach.
- Leaders must be loyal to their church, cooperating with the programs and ministries of the church, submitting to those in authority, and supporting the Pastor’s vision for ministry.
- Leaders must have a heart for ministering to boys and enjoy working with them
- Leaders must be capable of leading and delegating authority, possessing good judgment, accepting and fulfilling responsibilities, and commanding the respect of others
- Leaders must be willing to take Royal Rangers leadership training and conduct their outpost activities in accordance with established standards for the Royal Rangers ministry.
- Leaders must be at least 21 years old to serve as an Outpost Coordinator or Group Leader (Commander) or at least 18 years old to serve as an Assistant Group Leader.
Additional leadership requirements may be required by your church. Each church is responsible for screening, approving, and supervising adult leaders who work with minors.
Recommended Standards for Leader Screening & Supervision
The National Royal Rangers Ministries strongly recommends the implementation of a thorough process of selecting, training, supervising all adult leaders. Details on this process can be found in Chapter 27 of the Royal Rangers Leader Manual.
Please see also our Commitment to Biblical Standards of Sexual Morality for additional information on leadership qualifications in Royal Rangers.