Continuous Learning Electives (CLE) are training events intended to expand a leader’s skills or competencies beyond those received through the OLAL or OLT training processes. A training event must meet the following criteria to qualify as a continuous learning elective.
- District and National CLE's must be endorsed by the District Director. They can only be ordered through your district.
- Must fill a need at the local level and offered by Royal Rangers certified instructors and/or other competent instructors
- Must be a minimum of two hours in length. Events 4 hours or longer do not count as multiple continuous learning opportunities.
- May be offered as indoor, outdoor, online, internet-based, or classroom-based formats.
- May fill a need that is specific to leadership development skills needed to work with Royal Rangers or provide specialized certification needed to teach skill merits
- May not have been previously used to satisfy an individual's training requirements.
Qualifying District Events
- LTA modules not taken for the LMA
- Continuous learning electives (CLE) completed and not counted toward OLAL or OLT training level requirements
- District Royal Ranger Conference (when qualifying training criteria is met)1
- District Men’s Ministry Conference
- District Children’s Ministry Conference
- District Christian Education/All Church Ministries Conference
- Other Continuous Learning Opportunities approved by the district director that meets the above definition and criteria
Qualifying National Events
- National AG KidMin Conference
- National Youth Workers Conference
- National Men’s Ministry Conference
- Pre-conference Leadership Seminar for General Council
- Regional Conferences (when qualifying training criteria is met)
- National Alliance for the Development of Archery (NADA), National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) instructor certification courses
- NRA instructor certification courses in Rifle, Shotgun, or Blackpowder
- Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience (C.O.P.E.) Instructor certification course
- Other Continuous Learning Electives may be added by the Royal Rangers national office
What are examples of non-qualifying training?
Any module or national training events required or counted for earning the LMA, Outpost Leader Advancement Levels, or Organizational Leadership Training Levels, such as Ranger Basics, Ranger Essentials, Ranger Safety, Basic CPR/First Aid course, NTC, NRMC, RKTC, NEEC, WCO, JBEI, etc.
How do I order the Continuous Learning Elective ribbons?
For both district and national ribbons or year pins you will need to contact your local district. The district will handle both district and national Continuous Learning ribbons requests. This will help keep costs lower and availability and processing closer to the field. There is no application for these ribbons. Applicants contact their Royal Rangers district director and explain how they have met the requirements for the ribbon(s).
How far back can you count LTA electives, certification courses, conferences or seminars?
Qualifying LTA electives and certification courses can be counted if taken after January 1, 2003. Qualifying conferences or seminars may be counted if taken after January 1, 2009. Subsequent WCO seminars repeated after its initial release may be counted, you may not count your first WCO seminar taken.
Is any verification needed for any qualifying continuous learning elective?
Yes, qualifying instructor training courses that offer “certification” must include a copy of a certificate of completion or certification card.